No matter what size your business or industry, purchasing leads can be a challenging process. Finding a lead generation expert who can score your leads properly can make the difference between a boost in revenue or wasted money. When lead scoring, experts look at:
- Lead fit
- Lead interest
- Lead Behavior
- Buying Stage
The lead generation teams at Salient Marketing know how to examine these categories correctly, leading to high quality leads for your business.
Our teams start lead scoring by analyzing the relevant data you’ve collected on your site through online content gathering methods like registrations. We look at:
- Demographics: Information about the lead, like job, experience, and other data.
- Firmographics: Organization information, such as the size and location of a company, and its revenue.
- Budget, Authority, Need, Time (BANT): This allows us to track where your lead stands with regard to budget, purchasing timeline, and other relevant data.
An accurate lead score will lead to higher quality leads.
Discovering legitimate leads means researching what your potential lead is interested in. Does he have a genuine desire to know more about your company? Has he shown an active interest in your content? We measure click-throughs, downloads, and social media activity in order to gauge sincere interest in your brand.
Part of the equation also concerns where your lead is at on the path to purchasing. We can help you discover what signs point to ‘active behavior’ and which ones point to ‘latent behavior.’ A potential customer with only a passing interest in your content and services may not be considered a good lead.
One of the best ways to determine a lead’s viability is by tracking which type of buyer he is, and what stage he is in.
- Early Stage: Early stage leads may participate in passive activity, such as read a blog post or share a funny video, but may never become a legitimate lead.
- Mid Stage: When a consumer has begun to engage more with your content and has started to make purchases or contact you for specific information, he moves into the mid-stage category.
- Late Stage: Late stage leads are considered high quality and ready to buy. This is when the sales team begins to engage and discuss products and pricing.
Having your buying stages mapped out makes it easier for you to be objective about potential leads.
Lead Nurturing Means Lead Scoring
Quality lead generation contributes to double the sales at a third of the cost compared to businesses who have no, or poor, lead generation techniques. Contact Salient Marketing today to discover how our lead generation teams can set you up for success in sales.