Local SEO and Ranking FactorsApril 10, 2018
Changing Your Address and SEO RankingsApril 10, 2018
Small, local entrepreneurs need to be diligent in their efforts to code Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques to be sure their Ottawa business information will be among the search engine results pages (SERPs) and prominently displayed. SEOs can be confusing, and even more so for the small business owners. The best plans include:
- Local Places pages – Be sure that you have a local business page for each of the three major search engines, not just Google.
- Optimizing and Categorizing – Optimizing means good photos with a list of services and hours of operation. Categorizing means making sure your business appears in the correct grouping for user searches. The latter step is one of the most crucial in having your operation appear in the right searches.
- Accurate Information – All of the information displayed must be correct and up to date. That includes name, address and phone number.
- Reviews – Of course, the obvious is that you want as many good reviews as possible. However, Google also considers reviews as a factor in their ranking algorithm. So just having reviews will push your name higher on the list.
- Photos – People want to see what they are getting. Local accounts on Google+ Local will let you upload at least 10 photos. Be sure that the pictures are clear and accurately reflect your services. You may want to consider enlisting the help of a professional (or semi-professional) with a quality camera versus a cell phone shot.
Review your website regularly for updates and to keep the information fresh. Be sure your contact information is prominently displayed and whenever possible use your city or regional name and have the material reflect local needs.